Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Happy Birthday!




Happy Wednesday!  I had a chance to get crafty last night so I could play along with Papertrey Inks 11th Anniversary Celebration.  Day 1 is a sketch challenge.



I love sketch challenges.  It was hard to choose which sketch I wanted to do.  February is a busy month for us with lots of birthdays and Valentine's Day.  I needed a manly Birthday card for my father-in-law.  I decided to use Keeway's sketch because it  was a horizontal card.  I thought this was a great sketch for me since I rarely do horizontal cards.  



I chose to make a side folding because I wanted to use PTI Noted: Scallop A2 Vertical die.  I used PTI enchanted evening card stock for the base and stamped Cover Up: Quatrefoil background stamp using PTI enchanted ink.   I layered a Stamper's Select white card stock die cut with one of the half and half die collection shapes with the same quatrefoil background stamp for some contrast.



For the focal image I die cut and stamped the Grand Finale Anniversary stamp set and Grand Finale dies using more of the Enchanted Evening ink.  I love this image stamped in blue.  I stamped the "happy" sentiment from Birthday Cheer stamp set and added the coordinating Birthday Cheer die cut in  gold foil card stock.  I did add a few clear sequins and loose threading for added detail.  

I am also playing along with Seize the Birthday! 

As always thanks so much for stopping by!

Betty

6 comments

  1. This is beautiful, Betty! I love the layers of blue and the crisp metallic sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great use of Keeway's sketch, Betty, and perfect masculine card, which I often need inspiration. The gold die-cut Birthday really pops with the EE ink on EE and white cardstock. Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful birthday card Betty! So elegant looking! Love the blue and gold combo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card. Love the blues and pretty design. Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you reversed the colors, but were able to keep the pattern perfectly. Very nice card, I am impressed. I pinned it. Thanks for sharing with us at Seize the Birthday, hope to see you again.
    Barbara DT Member

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much!

© The Things I Do With Paper. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.